Image Credit: Self Clicked Picture (subhasmittra)
Delhi was badly in need of a place where its people can go and get a complete package of food, entertainment, and recreational activities between 6 p.m. to 11 p.m.
The answer came in the form of Chokhi Dhani, a 5 star resort which is now a strong international brand and people from far away places come here to rejuvenate and wind off.
The meaning of Chokhi Dhani is a village with a class in Rajasthani Language. This ethnic and quintessential thematic village is recreated in many places including Sonipat near Delhi. This is a huge place with lots of recreational activities and quality ethnic food with an ambiance which can envy any other restaurant. Once you enter this place, the festivities keep you engrossed so much that you forget about your worries and get engulfed in entertainment, entertainment, and entertainment.
I can assure you that this place can rejuvenate you completely and instantly charge you after so much of hectic schedule and busy life with office, business, and house work.
DISTANCE FROM DELHI It is approximately 50 km from Kundli border of Delhi Around 10 kms after you cross the Murthal flyover Around 1 km after you cross the Ganaur flyover and drive for one km and voila.
TIMINGS: 6 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Entry Charges: (Inclusive of Welcome Drink, Mehendi, Folk Dances, Magic Shows, Rope Balancing, free snacks like Bajra roti, ghee, chatni, gur, and Dinner) (as of September 2013)
Rs 450 per adult Rs. 250 per children (3 to 9 yrs)
ACTIVITIES AND ENTERTAINMENT:
- Rajasthani styled welcome with Dhol, Nagara, and Tilak.
- Rajasthani folk Dance known as Kalbeliya or Ghoomer.
- Rajasthani folk music and song sung live by folk artist.
- Different artists showcase their talent like traditional magician, traditional acrobats, Nat and Natni rope balancing, etc.
- Games like bow-arrow, rifle shooting, dartboard, ring throwing, etc.
- Camel ride, horse ride, and bullock cart ride.
- Cooking in traditional village style of Bajra roti.
- Traditional style hookah setting.
- Shopping of traditional artificial jewelry, slippers, and many other artifacts.
And there are many more fun filled activities.
CHARGES FOR THE ACTIVITIES: The charges of most of the activities are very nominal and will not pinch you will nowhere get for such meager amount and ranges between Rs. 10 to Rs. 20.
I will simply say that living in a city we are drifted so much away from our rich cultural heritage that now we have a deep seated longing and void for this and this place fills that void with an authentic and illustrious setting. We cannot avoid it but will keep on coming time and again.
Visit this place and let you experience share in the below comment box of this article Weekend Getaways From Delhi – Chokhi Dhani In Sonipat.