Her doctor, he was so baffled by her crazy decision that he called the state health department for advice.
They told him to #de-worm her with some special #medication that would kill the #parasite . Dr. Patricia Quinlisk, medical director at the Iowa Department of Public Health, shared the incident in an e-mail to #public-health workers.
“Ingesting tapeworms is extremely risky and can cause a wide range of undesirable side effects, including rare deaths,” Quinlisk wrote, according to the Des Moines Register. “Those desiring to lose weight are advised to stick with proven weight loss methods; consuming fewer calories and increasing physical activity.”
Tapeworms are parasites that can be ingested from eating undercooked meat. "One tapeworm can't absorb enough food and nutrients to make a big difference in weight... the parasite can cause #anemia and #malnutrition ," USA Today noted.
Just another idiot in the news!
#Graphic is a faithful photographic reproduction of a two-dimensional, public domain work of art. Such reproductions are in the public domain in the United States courtesy of Wikipedia commons
Need some extra money? If you are not already a member of #Bubblews please consider clicking this link and joining us and you can earn money by speaking your mind, reading and liking some posts .. http://www.bubblews.com/?referral=51b533c0810425.47620974