Hello and Good Afternoon Bubblers,
Looking out the window gives me the feeling of what it would be like to live inside a snow globe! It is April, and it's snowing outside! YUCK! I am not too impressed about that, but what can I do? Not much sadly. The seedlings in the front room are doing amazing, but they are begging to be outside in the mild weather we should be having! The sunflowers are already over 2 feet tall! We have managed to give them support with popsicle sticks and yarn, but they are outgrowing them. I decided this morning (after seeing the snow start) that we would be having a tossed salad with chili for supper. It is a copy-cat of Tim Horton's chili, so I will post that in hopes that you enjoy it as much as we will :)2 lbs ground beef
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 -3 onions, diced
3 celery ribs, diced
1 green pepper, diced
1 (19 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
2 (10 ounce) cans mushroom pieces, drained, chopped
2 (10 ounce) cans tomato soup, undiluted
1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
2 tablespoons chili powder, divided
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon sugar
1 -2 garlic cloves, minced or 3 teaspoons garlic powder
1) Brown the ground beef in the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat until no longer pink; place in a large pot. Do not drain.
2) SautÃ© onion, celery and green pepper in the drippings, in the same frying pan used for the ground beef, for about 5 minutes until onion is translucent.
3) Add a little of the chili powder.
4) Add sautÃ©ed veggies to the ground beef.
5) Add rinsed and drained kidney beans, mushrooms pieces, undiluted tomato soup and tomatoes with the liquid.
6) Add the rest of the chili powder, oregano, salt, pepper, sugar, and garlic.
7) Stir ingredients together well.
8) Cover and simmer for one hour, stirring occasionally.
9) Remove cover and simmer for 30 minutes or more, stirring occasionally. So if April showers bring May flowers, then what does April snow bring?
Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!
Wishing you nice, warm weather to enjoy!!
I am pretty close to redemption again so I'm excited about that :) I am averaging one a week now :)
Ohh, and if you were a victim of the troll yet again like I was please try to not let it get you down.
Never allow someone to drag you down with them!!
Keep the awesome posts coming :)
Hugs and Love to you all :)
Photo Credit of cheery flowers ... ME ... Tattooed-Princezz ... Jenn