Twitch.tv is a game-streaming website that lets anyone sign up and broadcast their gameplay. OBS is a free broadcasting program that lets you customize your stream by adding game footage, webcams, graphics, and more.
Here's a quick-and-easy tutorial for starting your own channel on Twitch.
- Sign up for a Twitch account
- Download OBS http://obsproject.com/
- Find your stream key on Twitch. Do this by going to your dashboard, then clicking "streaming apps" on the right-hand side. In the new window, click the "show key" button on the right-hand side.
- Install and open OBS
- Go to "Broadcast Settings" and input your stream key into the appropriate field
- Test your internet's upload speed at http://testmy.net/
- Only stream if you have at least 1 Mbps upload speed. Any slower, and your video will lag, and people won't enjoy watching it
- Create a new "scene" on the main interface of OBS
- Add new sources, such as a window capture, game capture, or video camera capture
- Test your new setup by streaming a test broadcast
- Watch the footage once the broadcast is over (your twitch account has a broadcast archive), and see if there are any issues that need to be improved.
Feel free to ask me any questions in the comments!