The #python , a 100-pound African rock python, which was kept in a floor-to-ceiling glass cage in the apartment upstairs from #Reptile-Ocean , escaped through a ventilation system and fell through the ceiling into the living room where 2 young boys, who there for a sleepover, were sleeping. Both boys, 4-year-old Noah Barthe and 6-year-old Connor Barthe were #asphyxiated by the snake.

The owner of Reptile Ocean’s son was in another room and not harmed.

The python was captured and #euthanized . A #necropsy found the snake had been in good health.

The #Royal-Canadian-Mounted-Police opened a continuing #criminal-investigation .

The #authorities said the store owner may not have been licensed to keep the #snake, which is of an aggressive species that is banned in the province.

National Geographic says : “Two boys found strangled to death by an African rock python in New Brunswick, Canada, on Monday were victims of one of the world's most vicious snakes.”

I think this pet shop owner qualifies for the title of an idiot in the news.

#Graphic from http://news.nationalgeographic.com/ Photograph by Michel Denis-Huot, Hemis/Corbis


Need some extra money? If you are not already a member of #Bubblews please consider clicking this link and joining us and you can earn money by speaking your mind, reading and liking some posts .. http://www.bubblews.com/?referral=51b533c0810425.47620974


#Annicat #idiot-in-the-news