• 3 (15 oz. cans) sliced peaches
• 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
• 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
• Pastry dough for double crust pie
• A pinch of salt
• 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
• 1 tablespoon lime juice
• Whites of 1 egg, beaten
• A pinch of ground nutmeg
1. Separate the liquid concentrate from the sliced peaches.
2. Combine the flour, sugar, nutmeg, salt, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Mix well.
3. On a large bowl, combine the sliced peaches and lime juice. Gently toss to mix.
4. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Gradually add the flour mixture to the peaches while gradually tossing. Continue to toss until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
6. Arrange the pastry dough in a 9” round pie pan.
7. Brush some egg whites over the pie pan.
8. Blind bake the pastry dough by placing it in the oven for 10 minutes.
9. Remove the crust from the oven and then let the temperature drop.
10. Arrange the peaches over the crust. Cover with the second pastry dough. Make sure that the edges are sealed.
11. Brush the remaining egg whites over the pastry dough. Create holes for the steam to escape using a fork.
12. Reduce the heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake for 35 minutes.
13. Remove from the oven. Let the temp drop to room temperature and then chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
14. Serve. Share and enjoy!