Well-groomed nails are always “in” and show that a woman takes care of herself and is current on the latest color trends. From beautiful beige on short, rounded nails, to stunning metallic talons, here are the top 2014 must-have nail colors.
1. Dark, shiny gray. This trend is gorgeous on just about anyone, and on both short and long nails. A few examples of this lovely color include China Glaze nail polish in Concrete Catwalk; OPI Nail Lacquer in French Quarter for Your Thoughts; Kleancolor Nail Lacquer in Concrete Gray; and Essi Cocktail Bling nail lacquer in Light Gray.
2. Metallics. Stunning metallic colors in gold, steel, silver and bronze are also a chic option for 2014, and look just as good on short nails as they do on long ones. Look for one of these nail polishes when you want a dramatic look for your nails: Essie Mirror Metallics nail polish in No Place Like Chrome; Color Paw nail polish in Silver Metallic; China Glaze polish in Passion (a metallic gold color); Orly nail lacquer in Rage (metallic bronze); KleanColor nail lacquer in Metallic Green; and Stargazer Chrome Metallic Nail Varnish in Silver.
3. Neons and brights. For this spring and summer, try wearing a neon or bright nail color, such as neon green, bright shiny orange or try an ombre design using a mix of the two. Here are a few to be on the lookout for: China Glaze nail polish in Yellow Polka Dot Bikini; Nicole by OPI nail lacquer in Make Mine Lime; and KleanColor nail polish in Neon Pink.
4. Neutrals. Round and oval shaped nails will rule the fashion scene in 2014 and paring them with lovely neutrals will be a classic duo. A few beautiful nail polishes to try are: CND Nail Enamel in Cocoa; Deborah Lippmann Nail Lacquer in Fashion (a gorgeous neutral beige); OPI nail lacquer in Dulce de Leche (pretty pinkish-beige); and Sephora by OPI Urban Ballerina Collection in Leotard Optional (dark beige-pink).
5. Classic, rich red. A deep, rich red hue on nails is a classic look and one pretty much anyone can pull off. Get the look with one of these stunning red nail polishes: Essie nail lacquer in Really Red; OPI nail polish in Pretty at the Premier; and Zoya Natural Nail Polish in Nina.