Lady Bird is one of the most performed jazz songs ever. Written around 1939 by Tadd Dameron, this tune has been covered by Miles Davis, Charles Mingus, Art Blakey and Gerry Mulligan.
Jazz Guitar Lesson • Lady Bird • Tadd Dameron • Chord Chart, Chords
The song is sixteen measures long. This is a common blues format, but not as common as the standard twelve bar. Willie Dixon's Hoochie Coochie Man and Albert King's Oh Pretty Woman are both examples of sixteen bar blues.
Years ago, my guitar teacher gave me this song's chord progression and melody as a jumping off point. He played a chord melody arrangement that he had done and asked me to arrange my own as homework. After thoroughly learning the chords and melody, I put together a version of this piece. Since I have been asked how to compose chord melody arrangements, I will attempt to illustrate the steps that I followed in future posts. I will transcribe the melody next.
More from this user
- How To Write A Press Release
- Finally Finished This Book.
- How To Play When I Was Your Man On Guitar • Bruno Mars • Chords, Strumming Pattern.
- Jazz Guitar Lesson • Lady Bird • Tadd Dameron • Melody, Standard Notation, Tablature.
- 10 MODERN SAYINGS THAT WOULD HAVE GOTTEN YOU KILLED IN A BAR A NUMBER OF YEARS AGO