Stand alone frozen peas like those in the photo are good, dressed up they are great. Here you will find at least 15 ways to doctor up frozen peas. Try these because I bet you'll love these ways to doctor up frozen peas.
1. Saute 1/2 Cup of minced onion or minced green onions with tops in butter until soft, then stir into your frozen peas while they are heating up.
2. Make a delicious pea salad using thawed peas, 1/4 cup of minced onions, 1/2 cup of cucumber cubes cut up very small, 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped cilantro, and 1/2 cup of plain yogurt seasoned with a pinch of ground cumin.
3. Saute 1 red bell pepper in butter until soft. Mix it into the cooked peas. This tastes wonderful and its really pretty on the plate.
4. Puree thawed peas, 1 1/2 cups of chicken stock, a little minced onion, chopped cucumber, and 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt in a food processor. Season with salt and pepper and serve as a cold soup with a tablespoon of sour cream in the top of each bowl of soup.
5. Add thawed peas to egg salad. Spread on thin slices of wheat bread and cut into small tea sandwiches. Garnish with sprigs of water cress.
6. Make a delicious two pea salad by combining thawed peas with 1 cup of lightly steamed sugar snap peas. Add a handful of red pepper strips and chopped green onions including tops. Stir in some store bought blue cheese dressing.
7. Mix thawed peas with a 10 oz. container of alfredo pasta sauce, and a handful of fine chopped ham. Add to a pound of cooked fettucine noodles and mix together well.
8. Mix thawed peas in your favorite potato salad.
9. Cook a package of saffron yellow rice and stir in a cup of thawed peas.
10. Combine cooked peas, a 10 Oz. package of thawed very well drained spinach, and 1/4 cup of minced cooked soft onion.
11. Add thawed uncooked peas to a salad of baby lettuce. Dress the salad with a mustardy vinaigrette and top with Parmesan Cheese.
12. Add a little ground sea salt, butter, and 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh mint to drained cooked peas.
13. Add some chopped crisp bacon and diced smoked ham to cooked peas.
14. Toast a handful of sliced almonds or pine nuts and mix them in with some cooked peas.
15. Cook a package of peas in 2 cups of chicken stock. Add in 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped basil and 2 tablespoons of minced onion. Puree very smooth in a blender and heat just below boiling. This will make a wonderful soup.
And there you have 15 ways to doctor peas. Please send the URL to this post to your family and friends. Please post the URL to this post to Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter. Thanks for your help.