Constipation and delayed emptying has become norms of the day.
Firstly, it is because more and more people are engaged in sedentary lifestyle. Even after going back to home, they are hardly engaged in any physical activity and have become couch potato sitting in front of the TV.
Secondly, junk foods have contributed a lot in making us constipated, a feeling of incomplete evacuation, or delayed emptying. As this junk foods are very low in dietary fibers and high in sodium and other fat contents which makes our colon sick and hamper the normal peristalsis movement.
Thirdly, due to haphazard style of living like eating late at night and sleeping till late.
5 Steps To Have A Proper Bowel Movement
1. Eat whatever heavy food you want at breakfast or lunch like egg, milk, lentils, and oily products. Have dinner by 7 p.m. and if you need to eat something after that have only soup or salads.
2. Get up early in the morning. Our bowel gets activated between 4 a.m. to 5 a.m. and this is the best time to get your bowel movement.
3. Do not suppress the urge to have bowel movement. The urge takes pick when the colon is at peristalsis mode. You suppress it, it will stop giving you the urge.
4. Physical exercise. At least 1 hour of physical exercise is needed daily which takes care of every part of hour body.
5. Drink at least 6 to 8 glasses of water a day even if you do not feel thirsty.
6. Do not eat junk foods, refined floor, or excessive oily food. These are factors of constipation.