1. For the invention of the machine in 1947, Mikhail Kalashnikov received the Stalin Prize, First Class and the Order of the Red Star. The award was 150 thousand rubles. With that money you could buy almost ten "Wins" (then the car cost 16 thousand rubles.)
2. The machine was put into service in 1949. Its official name - the "7.62mm Kalashnikov model of 1947" (AK-47). Also, it is often referred to simply as "Kalash". In the words of the designer, the main qualities of his weapons are "simple and reliable". "I created the machine, as a sergeant, and constantly remember that the soldiers did not end up academies" - said he Kalashnikov.
3. In Soviet times, the ability to assemble and disassemble a Kalashnikov rifle was part of the minimum knowledge obtained in the classroom of basic military training.
4. The Kalashnikov rifle is not very expensive because of the simplicity in manufacturing. In some countries it is cheaper than chicken.
5. According to the magazine Foreign Policy, the cost of one machine on the "black market" range from $ 10 to Afghanistan to 4 thousand dollars in India. In the U.S., a Kalashnikov rifle can be bought for 70-350 dollars.
6. The Kalashnikov rifle is in the "Guinness Book of Records" as the most common weapon in the world. Currently, there are about 100 million AK. This means that 60 adult inhabitants of our planet have on one machine.
7. The Kalashnikov rifle is in service with the armies and special units of 106 countries of the world. In service with the "native" army weapons Kalashnikov is 60 years old.
8. The Kalashnikov rifle is shown in the arms of some states. Currently, it is present in the coat of arms of the African country of Zimbabwe (since 1980), the coat of arms and the flag of Mozambique (since 1975), emblem of the Asian state of East Timor. From 1984 to 1997, AK was depicted on the emblem of the African state of Burkina Faso. In addition, there was a plan to turn the machine coat of arms of the Congo. AK is depicted on the emblem of the Lebanese group "Hezbollah".
9. In some African countries, a newborn is given a name Kalash - in honor of the Kalashnikov assault rifle.
10. Russian basketball player Andrei Kirilenko, a native of the city of Izhevsk, which produces the famous Kalashnikov assault rifles, got the nickname AK-47 in the United States, speaking in the NBA for "Utah Jazz" at number 47.
11. In Egypt, on the shores of the Sinai Peninsula, a monument to the Kalashnikov assault rifle. In Iraq, there is a mosque whose minarets were built in the form of shops AK.
12. A former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein was a gold-plated AK redesigned.
13. Many video message "terrorist number one" Osama bin Laden made "against" AA.
14. In 2008, the Central Bank of the Russian Federation issued coins with the image of a Kalashnikov in honor of the 450th anniversary of the entry of Udmurtia in Russia.
15. On the 60th anniversary of the weapons in New Zealand minted coins engraved with AK in denominations of two New Zealand dollar.
16. At the end of the XX century, the French magazine "Liberation" admitted Kalashnikov invention of the century. The famous weapons managed to avoid a nuclear bomb and space technology.
17. In 2004, the magazine "Playboy" named Kalashnikov one of the "50 products that changed the world" by defining its place after the computer Apple Macintosh, contraceptive pills and VCR Sony Betamax.
18. The Kalashnikov assault rifle of a particular model is the most popular weapons in video games - it is almost all 3D-"Shoot."
19. It is believed that a Kalashnikov assault rifle killed more people than by artillery fire, aviabombardirovok and rocket attacks. Each year die from bullets of AK quarter of a million people.
20. Legendary Russian gunsmith Mikhail Kalashnikov says that all his life inventing weapons for protection, not to kill, "I sleep peacefully, because I always created a weapon for protection. This policy can not agree on and use it to kill."