I just heard that phrase on a commercial on TV. I think it was car commercial for a reliable car. I am listening to TV not watching and when I heard that I liked the phrase, but thought it could apply to different things not just the literal meaning of getting stuck in traffic. My mind is wandering here; let’s see where it goes….
“May you never be stuck behind a stinky truck…That stinky truck could symbolize just about anything…
May you never…
- Be on the same path with a startled skunk.
- Be on the back of a horse that is running for the barn.
- Disturb a beehive.
- Be in a boat without a paddle.
- Fall into a fire ant hill.
- Have a gas tank showing EMPTY, miles from a gas station…at night.
- Be in the path of a tornado.
- Have to deal with an angry drunk.
- Run out of money before the month runs out.
- Be the one at the top of a Ferris wheel when the power goes out.
- Have your car stall in front of a semi-truck.
So what do you think? Still like the original line myself. Some of these I can speak from experience but not all. Can you add any to my list?